Position: Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) will run ASSIST’s Creative Lab Projects. A specialized unit of ASSIST, ASSIST CreativeLab, caters to the unique and varied communication, visibility, and knowledge management needs of actors and interventions in the development sector. Driven by a passion for sustainable development, our team thrives in communicating complex and challenging issues in considered and creative ways, connecting policymakers, stakeholders, and communities.
The PM will be in charge of, among others, project management, content-creation, risk assessment, network building, and strategy for marketing, promotions, and resource mobilization.
- Ownership and accountability on the timely progression of project deliverables while adhering to the highest quality standards
- Work closely with internal and external creative resources in the development of project scopes, goals, and objectives in close coordination and involvement of relevant stakeholders ensuring technical feasibility
- Generate clear and concise project briefs
- Create and manage schedules, work plans, and project timeline effectively
- Delegate and supervise activity and workload to the project staff and interns efficiently
- Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed promptly
- Create and maintain proper project documentation
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting of project deliverables, progress, and performance
- Appraisal and Assessment of Project Results
Risk Assessment and Management
- Minimize Project Risks through crucial risk management
- Implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project outputs
- Ability to manage problems through a solution-driven approach
- Liaise with Clients, Partners, and Stakeholders, and act as the key point of contact ensuring smooth working relationship in a highly professional environment
- Regular Reporting of overall project progress and status to the client and/or stakeholders
- Represent ASSIST professionally during meetings/events/gatherings
Admin and Business Development
- Manage field travels relating to the project
- Project Financial Oversight, Monitoring, and Reconciliation including proper accounting, costing and billing
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Social Sciences, Communications, Management, Industrial Engineering or any other relevant field
- Has had sufficient experience managing projects on the field, at project sites, and in the office with suppliers both in-house and external.
Salary shall be commensurate to experience.