Position: Acquisitions Associate
The Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST) is looking to hire an
Associate with at least two (2) years of experience in the development sector, especially in developing and preparing proposals for development projects. ASSIST is an international non-government organization focused on capacity building. With HQ in the Philippines and presence across South and Southeast Asia, we seek to promote sustainable practices to address social problems in the developing world. The Writer is expected to contribute in concept development and ideation, and in writing concepts and project proposal submissions.
- Develops and writes concept and project proposals simultaneously, ensuring clarity, timely delivery, and persuasive communication of ASSIST’s relevance to the project;
- Provides research support needed for project development and proposal writing;
- Works directly with team members engaging experts and ASSIST partners, optimizing existing internal resources to build and maintain ASSIST’s expert and partner pool; and
- Liaises and coordinates with colleagues in the Philippines and regional offices on matters pertaining to project concept and proposal development and writing efforts
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, journalism, communications, development studies, or related courses;
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant course is an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Capable of concept development/ideation;
- Creative and innovative, an out-of-the-box thinker;
- A self-starter, is able to work collaboratively and independently
- Can work efficiently under pressure and produce quality output within tight time constraints
- Required Experience
- At least two (2) years of experience in the development sector (i.e. CSOs, academe, social enterprises, government, media organization, and research organizations), especially in project proposal development and writing