Position: Associate for YouTube Series Initiative
Established in 2003, Asia Society for Social Improvement and Sustainable Transformation (ASSIST) is a self-sustaining development organization focused on capacity building for social improvement and sustainable transformation. We are known for our innovative interventions and structured approaches to design and deliver social impact work.
One such intervention is our proposed plan to launch a dedicated YT Channel/ Video Series that aims to offer Insights and Inspiration to young Filipinos, whilst at the same time, aspires to Initiate dialogue and Ignite action amongst them on social issues. Seventy-six million Filipinos have access to the Internet, 99% of them are at least on one type of social media platform. But despite the growing number of social media users, there is an obvious lack of local content that encourages dialogue and sparks action towards solving social issues. The popular video streaming website, YouTube(and similar platforms), offers an opportunity for ASSIST to reach more Filipino youth with programs that will inspire, spark dialogue, and encourage action.
In line with the aim of producing socially-relevant YouTube programs, ASSIST is looking for Associates who shall be actively involved in all stages of the production of the proposed YouTube channel/series.
- Research, planning, and coordination:
- Conduct in-depth research of social trends, potential topics, and interviewees
- Develop concept notes and program plans
- Coordinate permits, interviewee schedules, and invitations, and venue
- Video Production and Post Production:
- Overall management of the video shoot and interview, lights and sound, other technical aspects, and overall creative look and feel of the video outputs
- Post-production editing, revisions, and final cut
- Promotions and sponsorships:
- Prepare a pitch for potential sponsors, managing collaboration with partners and other YouTubers for cross-promotions, and social media management
- The associate must be independent, dynamic, creative and passionate about creating social