Position: Account Manager - Sales and Business Development
ASSIST Creativelab (ACL) is a new yet strategic unit under ASSIST and it strives to address the communication, visibility and knowledge management needs of its development stakeholders. We believe the communication & visibility needs of the development sector are not just a function of creativity, but more importantly, context; ACL offers this unique value proposition.
ACL’s capability and portfolio spans across communications research, knowledge management including e-learning, campaigns and advocacy, creative design, events activation & management, digital marketing and branding. ACL currently manages creative projects in over 10 countries.
Driven by an intrinsic passion for communication challenges and a commitment for delivery excellence, our team thrives in serving our partners from ideation to complex project implementation in the realm of communications, visibility and learning as a whole.
We are looking for a young, entrepreneurial and passionate sales professional to join the ACL sales and business development team in its growth journey to offer unparalleled value to its clients across geographies and products.
The job entails helping the unit achieve its goals and objectives on the market and sales front by developing new relationships with clients; building on existing relationships; progressively exploring new opportunities and working cohesively with the internal team, management and other BU heads for alignment.
The candidate will work in a multicultural environment and gain significant learnings of the creative and development sector.
- Develop understanding and connect with the organization’s portfolio
- Identify and carve out target accounts and actors based on priority set within the team
- Use compelling communications to connect with leads and translate them into touch-points
- Elicit needs and priorities through client conversations and spot opportunities / qualify leads
- Capture conversations and record updates regularly on the CRM
- Prepare and package proposals that address the CLIENT needs
- Understand/align with the buying process of the CLIENT and track deals down to closure
- Manage client relationships and keep close tabs during ongoing projects
- Research & stay informed of the accounts and industry players
- Take personal accountability to achieve targets
- Work with the delivery team to ensure all payments are collected at defined timelines.
- Be prepared and participative in internal reviews, team meetings to grow and add value
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Mass Communication, Development Studies, Marketing, Business Administration or related courses;
- 3 years experience in sales, business development and/or account management
- Conversant in managing an opportunity pipeline, forecasting and sales process
- Ability to understand and articulate value proposition for products / services
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Conversant with MS Office Applications and Google Suite
- Highly organized, has a sense of urgency and can under pressure
- A self-starter and is able to work collaboratively and independently in a remote setup
- Experience / knowledge of the creative services industry and development sector is a PLUS