1. This photo contest is open to both non-professional and professional photographers, 18 years old and above, from the Asia-Pacific region.
People whose primary source of income is photography
People who get less than 50% of their income or who do not get earnings from photography
Professionalism must be proved by a letter of endorsement from your workplace. If you are a freelancer, prove your professionalism by sending us a link to your website or similar.
2. The contest is open to nationals of Asian countries, including Oceania.
3. Participation in the photo competition is FREE.
4. Employees of ASSIST and their relatives up to the second degree of relation are not eligible to participate.
5. Photo must capture how digital technology improve the lives of one or more of the following themes:
c. Rural communities
d. Persons with disability
6. Photo should not bear watermarks, signatures, frames or other markings e.g. date/time stamps, etc.
7. Digital manipulation is not allowed, except for basic post-production processing enhancements such as contrast, color balance, sharpening, cropping, dodging and burning adjustments.
8. Photo must not have been submitted to any other competition owned by other entities, and should be free from any copyright issues.
9. Entry should not feature any person, group, or organization without their consent. By submitting the photo, participants guarantee that all necessary subject matter permissions were acquired.
10. Entry must be no smaller than three (3) Mb and not larger than ten (10) Mb, the minimum allowed resolution is 300 dpi.
11. Maximum of 3 photo entries is allowed per participant.
Submission of Photo/s:
1. Photo/s must be submitted along with the Our Digital Life Entry Form. The form is in PDF format and can be filled out electronically or manually (print & scan) and emailed to email@example.com. Entries submitted through other means will not be accepted.
For professionals, letter of endorsement from your workplace or similar and for freelancer, a link to your website or similar.
2. Each photo should have an English title and a two (2) to five (5)-sentence description in English of the location (at least the country), what is shown in the frame and how it is relevant to the contest theme.
3. Submitted entries should follow the file name format as specified below:
Example: John Smith submitting three (3) entries should name them as follows:
ASSIST do not bear any liability over delayed, corrupted or lost entries.
4. Deadline of submission of entries: August 19, 2018; 12:00pm HKT/SGT/PHT.
Entries submitted beyond the deadline will not be accepted.
Selection of Winning Entries
1. Winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges according to the following criteria:
a. Relevance to the theme
b. Strengthen of the Message the Photo Conveys
c. Visual Appeal
d. Composition and Clarity
2. Winners will be notified via their contact details provided in the entry form by August 31, 2018, 12:00pm HKT/SGT/PHT.
1. The ten (10) winning photos will be featured on the official Ten Photos to Shake the World Photo Competition Facebook page.
2. The winning photos will receive the following prizes:
1st Prize USD 500
2nd Prize USD 250
1st Prize USD 250
2nd Prize USD 125
3. Awards for special categories will also be given.
Terms and Conditions
ASSIST have absolute discretion to determine which submission entries, if any, merit an award. ASSIST reserve the right to change, modify, extend or reduce the terms and conditions of, or to suspend or terminate, the competition without prior notice. ASSIST will endeavor to inform participants of any such change, modification, extension, reduction, suspension or termination, as the case may be, through any media outlet deemed appropriate by ASSIST.
ASSIST further reserve the right to nullify and/or cancel any or all of the competition, e.g., if it appears that any fraud or malfunctions have occurred in any form whatsoever. Each participant undertakes to indemnify and keep ASSIST harmless from and against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred by or asserted against ASSIST as a result of such participant's participation in the competition.
ENTRANTS RETAIN OWNERSHIP AND ALL OTHER RIGHTS TO FUTURE USE OF THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS.
At the same time, participation in the competition and submission of photographs grants ASSIST a royalty-free and unlimited-in-time right to use photographs, with attribution, in ASSIST print and digital collaterals, exhibitions, events and other public venues (non-commercial use).